- Koren S, Walenz BP, Berlin K, Miller JR, Phillippy AM. Canu: scalable and accurate long-read assembly via adaptive k-mer weighting and repeat separation. Genome Research. (2017).
- Koren S, Rhie A, Walenz BP, Dilthey AT, Bickhart DM, Kingan SB, Hiendleder S, Williams JL, Smith TPL, Phillippy AM. De novo assembly of haplotype-resolved genomes with trio binning. Nature Biotechnology. (2018).
- Nurk S, Walenz BP, Rhiea A, Vollger MR, Logsdon GA, Grothe R, Miga KH, Eichler EE, Phillippy AM, Koren S. HiCanu: accurate assembly of segmental duplications, satellites, and allelic variants from high-fidelity long reads. Genome Research. (2020).
Alternatively, you can also build the latest unreleased from github:
git clone https://github.com/marbl/canu.git cd canu/src make -j <number of threads>
- Quick Start - no experience or data required, download and assemble Escherichia coli today!
- FAQ - Frequently asked questions
- Canu tutorial - a gentle introduction to the complexities of canu.
- Canu pipeline - what, exactly, is canu doing, anyway?
- Canu Parameter Reference - all the parameters, grouped by function.
- Canu Command Reference - all the commands that canu runs for you.
- Canu History - the history of the Canu project.