Canu is a fork of the Celera Assembler designed for high-noise single-molecule sequencing (such as the PacBio RSII or Oxford Nanopore MinION).
Koren S, Walenz BP, Berlin K, Miller JR, Phillippy AM. Canu: scalable and accurate long-read assembly via adaptive k-mer weighting and repeat separation. Genome Research. (2017).
Alternatively, you can also build the latest unreleased from github:
git clone https://github.com/marbl/canu.git cd canu/src make -j <number of threads>
- Quick Start - no experience or data required, download and assemble Escherichia coli today!
- FAQ - Frequently asked questions
- Canu tutorial - a gentle introduction to the complexities of canu.
- Canu pipeline - what, exactly, is canu doing, anyway?
- Canu Parameter Reference - all the parameters, grouped by function.
- Canu Command Reference - all the commands that canu runs for you.
- Canu History - the history of the Canu project.